Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm not sure what to call this cause there's no theme. BUT THERE IS A PRIZE

Hey little buddy! Cutter snuck this shot of a capybara from OUTSIDE the zoo...  He would like to welcome you to the latest installment of pictures and stories from Buenos Aires!!!

Ok, so I uploaded these in no particular order.  I'd like you to guess what this is. Special prize for the right answer. GO!

I'd also like you to guess what I'm eating here. I know what it LOOKS like, but it's just my Chinese-on-a-stick lunch from our first adventure to barrio chino Buenos Aires!  There's something about the light, the glow in this photo... or maybe the artistically foreshortened calamari... or the size, shape, and texture of what I'm eating...that just makes us feel like anything is possible.

Also inspiring, an ENORMOUS pile of freshly made noquis argentinas!! There is a fresh pasta shop every third block, and this is ours. Check out all the COOL MACHINES! Last night I made my first fresh-pasta lasanga. The don't sell the dry stuff at the supermarket cause every buys the fresh lasagna already prepared, which is for sale at every store. Nonsense.

Ooohhhh myyyyy godddddd... my roommate Chris and I are falling from a buiiilllddinnnggggg

So cool. The mosaic is nice, too.

A semi-charming pick from the 'hood. By which I mean, our hood. Ainit pretty? I'm not sure if that's the big "Feliz cumpleanos Lara!" banner or the "Lo siento mucho Natalie. Te amo. Take me back." banner. The clouds are nice though.

And last in the random grouping of photos, Vietnamese night at casa Wood-Shaw-Enders-Connington! The Enders-Connington troup arrived here after 2 years in Vietnam, so here we are eating bun thit nuong! YES!

2 comments:

  1. Our guesses: (1) dried octopus (T); or (2) seaweed (S, until T said octopus).
    Better be a good prize, and better NOT be a blue Eddie Bauer fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my guess is Octopus Slim Jims, but I guess I'm too late! Is the prize an octopus?

    ReplyDelete